To ensure that all clients have a positive and safe Pilates experience, please read all of the guidelines below. Thank you.
Please refer to our monthly newsletter, the Scoop, for studio updates and announcements.
To reach the studio for scheduling, cancelling, or inquiries, please place all calls, including returned calls, to the studio number at 410.897.0550 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (please add us to your contacts). We return ALL correspondence within 24 hours (with the exception of weekends). If you leave a voicemail/email and do not receive a returned call/email, technology has failed; please try to reach us again. Please do not text the studio.
Please note that voicemail and email are not checked outside of normal administrative hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday (and after 1:00 p.m. on Saturdays). Monday clients, please keep these office hours in mind for any needed changes to your schedule.
Do not respond to automated emails from Vagaro, our online scheduling system. These auto-generated emails from Vagaro are sent out 48 hours prior to appointments as a reminder and confirmation of your session.
A 24 hours’ notice is required for cancellation, regardless of reason. If you need to cancel a scheduled appointment, you must notify Excel Pilates Annapolis, Inc. via phone, email, or Vagaro at least 24 hours in advance or you will be held responsible for payment in full. If you have a standing appointment, inconsistent attendance may result in the loss of that time slot regardless of advance notice.
One-on-one, duet, trio, and small group sessions are 50 minutes in length from the scheduled appointment time. If you are late, you will be charged for the entire session and will receive the remainder of your session only. If you are in a duet, trio, or small group and are more than 10 minutes late to your session, it is up to the teacher’s discretion whether you may participate in the session. This is for your safety as well as the safety and cohesiveness of the session for the other participants. If you are tardy and are not permitted to participate, the 24-hour cancellation policy still applies.
Ten (10) session cards are valid for three months from the date of purchase. Unused balances of 10 session cards can be refunded or transferred prior to expiration. The used portion of the card will convert to a single class rate and the balance will be refunded, less a 3% processing fee for all cards purchased via credit card. 10 session cards must be used within 12 weeks of purchase. Unused account balances are available for three months from date of purchase and may be refunded prior to expiration, less a 3% processing fee for all purchases made via credit card.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
In the event of an inclement weather event, Excel Pilates Annapolis will use local resources to establish any needed change in studio status, studio closing/delayed opening/early closing. Any change to the studio status due to inclement weather is announced on the studio website by 7:30 a.m. and clients who are signed up for our studio emails will receive a studio status email. In the event closing the studio early is necessary, affected clients will be notified by email. All clients are responsible for checking the studio website or email announcement for up-to-date status information. We do not make individual calls. Clients who are uncomfortable traveling in inclement weather, or might be otherwise affected by inclement weather, should a.) cancel their session in advance following the studio cancellation guidelines OR b.) opt to make their in-studio session virtual. See the additional inclement weather procedures for online and in-studio sessions below.
In the case of a 2-hour delay, due to inclement weather, in-studio sessions scheduled prior to 11:15 a.m. will be a.) rescheduled or b.) become an online session. In-studio sessions scheduled for 11:15 a.m. or later will be held as scheduled. All online sessions will be held as scheduled (see inclement weather procedure below).
In the case of an early closing, due to inclement weather, in-studio sessions scheduled for 1:00 p.m. or later will be a.) rescheduled or b.) become an online session. In-studio sessions scheduled prior to 1:00 p.m. will be held as scheduled. All online sessions will be held as scheduled (see inclement weather procedure below).
INCLEMENT WEATHER PROCEDURE FOR ONLINE SESSIONS:
If the studio status is changed due to inclement weather, your online session will be held as scheduled. If a change in the studio status, studio closing/delayed opening/early closing, would affect your availability for your scheduled time, please contact the studio 24 hours prior to your scheduled session and we will be happy to reschedule your time. Teaching virtually allows us to have a lot of flexibility if needed for these situations.
INCLEMENT WEATHER PROCEDURE FOR IN-STUDIO SESSIONS:
The day prior to a forecasted weather event, clients with scheduled in-studio sessions will receive an email from the studio requesting that you confirm if you would like to:
a) shift to an online session without waiting to see if the studio status will be affected
b) wait to see if what the status is at 7:30 a.m. and plan to use the online session option if the studio status is affected
c) wait to see if what the status is at 7:30 a.m. and plan to only explore in-studio session options if they are available
We will use this time the day prior to a potential weather event to confirm your preference and prepare for the online session option for those who want to have that option available to them (i.e. send you a Zoom link). Responding to our emails expediently is greatly appreciated. If you have not had online sessions with us yet and anticipate exploring this option during weather events, check out our online session instructions below which give a step-by-step walk through. It is really easy but if you’d like to do a tech-test in advance, we’re always happy to help (basically you receive a link from us via email, click it, and start).
CHILDREN IN THE STUDIO
Part of our commitment to every Excel Pilates Annapolis, Inc. client is to provide a supportive atmosphere where clients may grow, learn, and be guided toward reaching their fitness potential. Our facility does not have the ability to provide child care. Our reception area is reserved for clients pre/post-session and is not adequate in size nor staffed for unattended children. It is not safe to have children in the studio area. Therefore, we request clients do not bring children to the studio. It is not appropriate to bring children who are home sick to the studio.
Please place personal belongings in the provided storage area in the reception area or use hooks provided in the studio dressing room. Please leave chairs free for others to sit. Excel Pilates Annapolis, Inc. shall not be held responsible for any articles lost, stolen, or damaged in or about the studio. Excel Pilates Annapolis, Inc. is not responsible for car damage or theft.
- Do not bring food or drink into the studio. Water bottles only please.
- In consideration of others, turn off/silence cell phones prior to entering the studio.
- Remove shoes at the studio entry.
- Do not wear clothing with zippers or any jewelry, watches, etc. that may harm the apparatus.
- Do not wear perfume/cologne or scented lotions/creams to your session.
- Maintain a soft voice between sessions if another session is underway.
- Arrive a few minutes early to each session (particularly for duet, trio, or small group sessions).
- Contact the studio within a minimum of 24 hours’ notice to cancel a session, following the cancellation policy.
- Read updates posted at the studio entry/reception area.
FOR YOUR HEALTH
- Clients must adhere to the Client Health Protocol requirements as described in the Client Health Protocol document signed prior to your session, as well as the most updated version which can be found on our website.
- We require that clients who are sick in any way not attend sessions. Do not come to the studio with a cough. It is difficult to exercise and it is distracting to other clients. Any client who is sick or appears sick will be required to immediately leave the studio and we reserve the right to not teach your session. The 24-hour cancellation policy is applied in full and we appreciate your consideration of others. As always, we encourage clients to think ahead and cancel early.
- Avoid eating a large meal prior to your session; however, it is important that you are well rested and nourished.
- While we strongly advise not smoking, if you do smoke, avoid smoking 30 minutes before and after your session.
- During the winter weather it is important to wear layers so you can keep your muscles warm and be able to shed layers as you heat up.
- When you practice Pilates exercises at home, practice them in order and in a safe environment (with enough cushion for your spine). Only practice exercises you have learned in your sessions.
- Bring any prior injury information to the attention of your teacher. If you feel any pain or discomfort during an exercise, alert your teacher so modifications can be made.
EMPOWER YOUR BODY - EMPOWER YOUR MIND®