To ensure that all clients have a positive and safe Pilates experience, please read all of the guidelines below. Thank you.
Please refer to our monthly newsletter, the Scoop, for studio updates and announcements.
To reach the studio for scheduling, cancelling, or inquiries, please place all calls, including returned calls, to the studio number at 410.897.0550 or email us at email@example.com (please add us to your contacts). We return ALL correspondence within 24 hours (with the exception of weekends). If you leave a voicemail/email and do not receive a returned call/email, technology has failed; please try to reach us again. Please do not text the studio.
Please note that voicemail and email are not checked outside of normal administrative hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday (and after 1:00 p.m. on Saturdays). Monday clients, please keep these office hours in mind for any needed changes to your schedule.
Do not respond to automated emails from Vagaro, our online scheduling system. These auto-generated emails from Vagaro are sent out 48 hours prior to appointments as a reminder and confirmation of your session.
- A 24 hours’ notice is required for cancellation, regardless of reason. If you need to cancel a scheduled appointment, you must notify Excel Pilates Annapolis, Inc. via phone, email, or Vagaro at least 24 hours in advance or you will be held responsible for payment in full. If you have a standing appointment, inconsistent attendance may result in the loss of that time slot regardless of advance notice.
- One-on-one, duet, trio, and small group sessions are 50 minutes in length from the scheduled appointment time. Ten (10) session cards are valid for 12 weeks from the date of purchase. Unused balances of 10 session cards can be refunded or transferred prior to expiration, less a three percent processing fee for all purchases made via credit card. The used portion of the card will convert to a single class rate and the balance will be refunded, less a three percent processing fee for all cards purchased via credit card.
Your appointment is 50 minutes from the scheduled time. If you are late, you will be charged for the entire session and will receive the remainder of your session only. If you are in a duet, trio, or small group and are more than 10 minutes late to your session, it is up to the teacher’s discretion whether you may participate in the session. This is for your safety as well as the safety and cohesiveness of the session for the other participants. If you are tardy and are not permitted to participate, the 24-hour cancellation policy still applies.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
- Studio closing, delay, or early closing status, due to inclement weather, is announced on the studio website and the studio voicemail by 7:30 a.m. In addition, clients who are signed up for our studio emails will receive a studio status email. All clients are responsible for checking the studio website, phone, or email announcement for up-to-date status information. We do not make individual calls. Clients who are uncomfortable traveling in inclement weather or who might otherwise be affected by inclement weather, should cancel their session in advance, following the studio cancellation guidelines.
- We follow these guidelines for studio status due to inclement weather: the studio voicemail will ALWAYS be updated if there is any change to the status. Please call in for updates. If Anne Arundel County Public Schools (AACPS) are closed due to inclement weather, the studio will be closed (not to exceed 48 hours). We will follow the AACPS opening/closing schedule for 48 hours from a weather event. After 48 hours, we will be
opened/closed under the studio’s discretion. Visit www.aacps.org to find the Anne Arundel County Public School status. In the case of a two-hour delay for AACPS due to inclement weather, sessions scheduled prior to 11:15 a.m. will be rescheduled. Sessions scheduled for 11:15 a.m. or later will be held as scheduled. In the case of an early dismissal for AACPS due to inclement weather, sessions scheduled for 1:00 p.m. or later will be rescheduled. Sessions scheduled prior to 1:00 p.m. will be held as scheduled. If a weather event occurs in the evening or on a Saturday, please check the studio website, phone, or email announcement for up-to-date status information, as we will not be following AACPS. There are times when AACPS have a scheduled closing outside of weather-related reasons. In such cases, please check the studio website, phone, or email announcement for up-to-date status information.
- Frequently, there are times when AACPS are closed due to weather conditions or operate under a delay or early dismissal, but our teachers are available to teach. In such a case, you will receive a call or email from the studio to discuss this option.
- Things to consider: if you are not comfortable driving in inclement weather, if you have a situation where you do not have prompt road clearing services, or if you have a child home from school or on a delay or early dismissal that would affect your scheduled session, you should cancel ahead regarding our 24-hour cancellation policy to avoid being charged for your session.
CHILDREN IN THE STUDIO
Part of our commitment to every Excel Pilates Annapolis, Inc. client is to provide a supportive atmosphere where clients may grow, learn, and be guided toward reaching their fitness potential. Our facility does not have the ability to provide child care. Our reception area is reserved for clients pre/post-session and is not adequate in size nor staffed for unattended children. It is not safe to have children in the studio area. Therefore, we request clients do not bring children to the studio. It is not appropriate to bring children who are home sick to the studio.
Please place personal belongings in the provided storage area in the reception area or use hooks provided in the studio dressing room. Please leave chairs free for others to sit. Excel Pilates Annapolis, Inc. shall not be held responsible for any articles lost, stolen, or damaged in or about the studio. Excel Pilates Annapolis, Inc. is not responsible for car damage or theft.
- Do not bring food or drink into the studio. Water bottles only please.
- In consideration of others, turn off/silence cell phones prior to entering the studio.
- Remove shoes at the studio entry.
- Do not wear clothing with zippers or any jewelry, watches, etc. that may harm the apparatus.
- Do not wear perfume/cologne or scented lotions/creams to your session.
- Maintain a soft voice between sessions if another session is underway.
- Arrive a few minutes early to each session (particularly for duet, trio, or small group sessions).
- Contact the studio within a minimum of 24 hours’ notice to cancel a session, following the cancellation policy.
- Read updates posted at the studio entry/reception area.
FOR YOUR HEALTH
- Clients must adhere to the Client Health Protocol requirements as described in the Client Health Protocol document signed prior to your session and found on our website.
- We require that clients who are sick in any way not attend sessions. Do not come to the studio with a cough. It is difficult to exercise and it is distracting to other clients. Any client who is sick or appears sick will be required to immediately leave the studio and we reserve the right to not teach your session. The 24-hour cancellation policy is applied in full and we appreciate your consideration of others. As always, we encourage clients to think ahead and cancel early. However, if you wake up ill the morning of your session, we are offering a same-day sick waiver option during this time in which 30 percent of your session fee will be waived. This will operate on an honor-system basis. If we find clients are misusing this system, we will no longer offer the 30 percent waiver.
- Avoid eating a large meal prior to your session; however, it is important that you are well rested and nourished.
- While we strongly advise not smoking, if you do smoke, avoid smoking 30 minutes before and after your session.
- During the winter weather it is important to wear layers so you can keep your muscles warm and be able to shed layers as you heat up.
- When you practice Pilates exercises at home, practice them in order and in a safe environment (with enough cushion for your spine). Only practice exercises you have learned in your sessions.
- Bring any prior injury information to the attention of your teacher. If you feel any pain or discomfort during an exercise, alert your teacher so modifications can be made.
EMPOWER YOUR BODY - EMPOWER YOUR MIND®